Global Classrooms, Connected Minds: Harnessing the Power of Web 2.0 for Collaborative Education
Designed to equip educators with proficient knowledge and skills, the course “Global Classrooms, Connected Minds” focuses on leveraging Web 2.0 tools in collaborative learning environments.
- Digital skills and competences
- Digital content, technologies and practices
- New learning and teaching methods and approaches
- Initial and continuous training for teachers, trainers and other education staff
01-05/07/2024, 08-12/07/2024, 15-19/07/2024, 22-26/07/2024
- Teachers: Primary, secondary, vocational, adult, and special needs teachers.
- Educators interested in integrating Web 2.0 tools for collaborative learning experiences.
- Teacher Trainers.
- School Principals and Administrative Staff.
- Auxiliary School Staff: Psychologists, social workers, and other auxiliary staff.
Designed to equip educators with proficient knowledge and skills, the course “Global Classrooms, Connected Minds” focuses on leveraging Web 2.0 tools in collaborative learning environments. Exploring a diverse range of collaborative technologies, participants will gain practical insights, seamlessly integrating these tools into instructional scenarios, thereby fostering globally connected classrooms. Emphasis is placed on practical applications, enabling participants to design collaborative learning activities that transcend geographical boundaries.
This course serves as an exploration of instructional design, highlighting the integration of global connections and the optimal utilization of technology for crafting collaborative educational landscapes.
- Articulate the principles and significance of collaborative learning, fostering a collaborative mindset within the learning environment.
- Navigate and effectively use a diverse array of Web 2.0 tools, seamlessly integrating technology into instructional scenarios.
- Set clear learning objectives and design scenarios with collaborative activities, demonstrating the ability to adapt them to different educational contexts.
- Implement collaborative learning scenarios using Web 2.0 tools, assessing individual and group achievements through formative and summative assessments.
- Establish global connections, fostering collaboration beyond geographical constraints and integrating diverse perspectives into collaborative learning experiences.
- Establish norms for inclusive collaboration in a digital space, addressing issues of digital citizenship, privacy, and ethical online behavior.
- Understand and apply blended learning models for a comprehensive educational experience, exploring both synchronous and asynchronous learning approaches.
- Apply acquired knowledge and skills through hands-on activities and collaborative projects, designing and implementing collaborative lesson plans for real-world scenarios.
- Harness the potential of multimedia and interactive tools for enhanced learning, creating engaging and interactive educational content.
- Understand the role of the facilitator in collaborative education, addressing challenges in group dynamics and fostering a supportive learning environment.
- Equip students with skills to navigate interconnected challenges of the 21st century, fostering a collaborative mindset for future success.
Define and articulate the principles of collaborative learning: Cultivate a collaborative mindset within the learning environment.
Navigate and effectively utilize diverse Web 2.0 tools: Integrate technology seamlessly into instructional scenarios.
Design instructional scenarios incorporating engaging collaborative activities: Set clear learning objectives and adapt scenarios to different educational contexts.
Implement and assess collaborative learning activities using Web 2.0 tools: Assess individual and group achievements through formative and summative assessments.
Foster global connections, transcending geographical boundaries through collaborative education: Establish global connections and integrate diverse perspectives into collaborative learning experiences.
Establish norms for inclusive collaboration in a digital space, addressing digital citizenship and ethical online behavior: Establish inclusive norms for collaboration, addressing digital citizenship, privacy, and ethical online behavior.
Apply blended learning models for a comprehensive and engaging educational experience: Understand and apply blended learning models, exploring synchronous and asynchronous learning approaches.
Apply knowledge through hands-on activities, group projects, and collaborative lesson plans: Apply acquired knowledge and skills through hands-on activities, collaborative projects, and lesson plan design.
Utilize multimedia and interactive tools to enhance collaborative learning experiences: Harness the potential of multimedia and interactive tools to create engaging and interactive educational content.
|Day 1: Course Introduction and Digital Citizenship
|Day 2: Collaborative Learning Principles and Designing Activities
|Day 3: Implementation of Teaching Scenarios and Assessment
|Day 4: Application Workshop
|Day 5: Workshop Presentation and Peer Evaluation
*subject to small adaptations, upon availability
Virtual Visits to Exemplary Collaborative Online Platforms
School Institution Visit (Online or In person)
Industry Engagement Day (Online)
Educational Technology Hub Virtual Visit
Collaborative Web 2.0 School Project Visit (Online or In-person)
Assessment is continuous with formative and summative methods throughout the training.
join the success
Upon successful completion of our courses, participants receive recognition in the form of certificates.
Recognizing your active participation, the Certificate of Attendance is awarded upon completing the course. It signifies your commitment to the learning journey and showcases your engagement with the course content.
Europass Certification goes beyond acknowledgment; it aligns with European standards for transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications. This internationally recognized certification enhances your profile and opens doors to opportunities on a global scale.